Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Apple Doesn't Fall Far From the Psycho Tree

"Agog" sent me this email. I hope sharing this helped a bit.



I made the mistake of marrying some woman's only child. I did not know at the time that he was a swirling cauldron of mother-hate. I innocently bred with him. I had three children with him before it became unavoidably obvious that his mother-hate therapy consisted in abusing ME.

Meanwhile, she helpfully called me from across town to inform me that my child "smelled yesterday and she needs to be put on the potty." Helpful advice like that. Or that my child needed to be taken outside to play. (When there was 4 inches of ice on the ground and it was 5 degrees out.) Eventually, life with Psycho got so bad I tried to confide in HatedMother. Her words: "I don't know, and I don't want to know. It's not my problem." When he left me, HatedMother moved in with him to clean his toilets and help him raise my children 48 percent of the time. He had ignored the kids for almost 10 years and maybe needed someone to tell him when to put them on the potty. I dunno. Seeing how he had the attention span of a goldfish when it came to anything that required actual work, HatedMother helped him keep my sweet precious children away from my love and discipline for 48 percent of the time for the past 10 years. In the past few years, she started to notice that Psycho is crazier than a betsy bug and mean as a snake. And that my previously-dear children have changed and now act and sound and treat her a lot like, well, Psycho. Go figure. Then she began to call ME and complain about how horrible Psycho and the Cherubs were. Look, woman! You don't get to help ruin my children and now tell me that they suck!

Sometimes, she kind of hints that she'd like to live with me when her son threatens to throw her out on the street. Like hell.

Oh, she still refers to me as her DIL.

7 comments:

bernthis said...

for legal reasons I shall refrain from sharing my story but suffice it to say I relate ALOT to what is being said here

Roshni said...

wow! Looks like your kids are in a rough situation. He HAD to get joint custody, eh?!

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

If it wasn't too much of a pain, I'd log back out and post as anonymous for this one, but...
Sometimes, the mothers who kidnap their children are justified.

It really does sound like a shame that this MIL didn't just eat her young when she had the chance. They deserve each other.

Hopefully agog's 52% will count for something.

kristi said...

You know I think there are some voodoo stuff you can do that just might help in this type of situation. i suggest buying two dolls, one female and one male, and lots of pins. then learn some key phrases like "die bitch die" while poking pins in the eyes. and maybe "take your son with you, whore" while poking more pins. Might just work. and if not then call it therapy.

jeannie said...

OMG, Mom, is that you?!

Just kidding, but it sounds very familiar!

Fragrant Liar said...

I cannot even imagine how I would have gotten through something like this without killing Psycho and the MIL and then setting fire to them to make sure they felt the hell on earth they created. I pray our family never has to go through anything like that. I'm so sorry this lady's family did.

Mouthy Housewife said...

they say when you marry a man you marry his whole family. So true. So true.