Wednesday, May 13, 2009

And Speaking of Racists - Chapter Three

Thank you, Chatterbox Sara, for sharing! Enjoy Chapter Two below or HERE.


After we had dated for awhile, N and I moved in together. We invited his parents to our new house for a lunch. N was pretty nervous. When they first arrived, this is what my MIL said:

"Oh wow! This house is so nice! I mean, I just figured everything would be all trashy and such. You're not black! Wow! I brought you a present, hope you like it! It's a pig. N told me you think pigs are cute, so I got you a pig as a centerpiece for your table. I love animal centerpieces. Where's your daughter? Is she black? I guess I've never asked that. Where is she, I want to see her. You know I love babies, right?"

E woke up from her nap and we brought her out. MIL grabs her and starts sobbing hysterically. She then says:

"Oh my God! She's so precious! I always wanted a daughter, but we ended up having to adopt and got him. I so wish we could have adopted a girl instead. Honey, LOOK at E. She's just what I always wanted, blond curls and blue eyes, she looks like one of my little porcelain dolls I collect. When can we have her for a visit? I want to take her to live with us, I mean visit us. If you two are really going to get married, then E is ours now. I want to bring her home right away, I just need to be with her. God finally granted my wish, now I have a little girl!"

15 comments:

kristi said...

ok thats just creepy!!

Glad she liked your daughter so much though. Its nice but very creepy.

Walter said...

Agreed, that's creepy liking, not good liking.

Emily said...

So your husband is adopted? What a relief! I would be seriously concerned that her insanity might skip a generation.

You have the tolerance of saint!

Glasjay said...

You have my deepest sympathy. Maybe your MIL needs some kind of medication because she just doesn't sound right.
I realise it must be hell for you to live through but man is it ever funny to read :)
I better not mention my MIL in case I get found out!

The Wife O Riley said...

I can relate to this one. When I was in labor with my first daughter, my MIL handed me a card with $50 in it that said "Thanks for having my grandchild." Like she just bought and paid for it and was taking it home when I was done.

Kristina P. said...

My mouth literally dropped open at the adoption line. Thank heaven for small miracles that the crazy genes aren't getting passed.

Anonymous said...

This can't be real! lol Who would say such terrible things??? This is just scary!

Kimberly said...

Um, we call that psycho around here.

Anonymous said...

Change the locks, she probably stole your extra.

2 Brits, 2 Yanks, 2 Dogs said...

Oh she truly is crazy!

Roshni said...

weel this is really entertaining! So she 'likes' blacks, gays and apparently 'loves' her son to distraction!!
How did N turn out normal????

Virgtastic said...

I'm sure you couldn't make this stuff up even if you tried LOL!

~ A Moxie Mom said...

Oh my Lord!! My mouth is still hanging open in disbelief. I am truly counting my blessings right now.

Moonrayvenne said...

I can only say one thing...ARRRGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

aMUSEingComedy said...

**Cue slasher music