Friday, May 8, 2009

Speaking of Weddings

My sister-in-law, The Devil's daughter, is to be a bridesmaid in the wedding of a friend. Recently, The Devil expressed disdain for the whole affair, wrinkling her demon nose at the fact that this friend was getting married to "a black guy". She grasped for a half dozen reasons to criticize the bride, her family, the bachelorette party, and the dress, but what it really comes down to is that she doesn't want her daughter to be in the wedding party because she doesn't want any of "those people" hitting on her at the reception. Nice, huh?

But when The Devil was gainfully employed, she used to make a point of talking about how friendly she was with the one black woman in her office. Like to prove how modern she was.

She makes it so easy to hate her.

6 comments:

Heather said...

I could still swear you are talking about my MIL, lol. Her other son is dating a beautiful (and I mean gorgeous!)girl from Guayana and she is concerned about how their children will look should they get married. It's like they completely overlook the fact that she is a sweetheart and treats their son like he is a king (AND, their kids would be just as gorgeous their mommy)!

DKG aka Scrappy Doo said...

One Word-
DAMN!
Scrappy

Sara Rose said...

My MIL just *loves* people of color. and of *alternate sexualities*. Just LOVES them. Gawd.

Kristina P. said...

Does she ever say "Fo Shizzle!"? That's the true measure of being friends with "one of them."

Wow, she's a piece of work!

The Wife O Riley said...

Just came across your blog and I have to say, you must have married into my husband's family!!

I had to get up and leave a conversation with my MIL last October when she insisted that if Obama won the election, "Those people" will take over the world.

"But she's not racist! She has always been very nice to "Those people""

Unbelievable!!!

BTW, I have to follow you now!

April said...

This woman is horrendous. I LOVE reading about her though...heh it's like a TRAIN WRECK!