Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Just Like Poetic Justice

This is fucking great.


I have young children and a rule that no balls are to be thrown inside the house. Too dangerous. Too many chances for breakage or injury or tears. Common sense, right? Occasionally, much to my chagrin, my husband (the Anti-Christ?) can be found tossing a ball back and forth in the living room with one or more children, resulting in nagging and heated discussion about consistent discipline, much to my husband's (the Anti-Christ's?) chagrin. This happened again last week.

Several days later, during a small family gathering in our home, my son, in a moment of unbridled excitement, threw a ball at top speed across the living room, attempting to hit his father (the Anti-Christ?). Guess where it landed instead. Right in the middle of The Devil's bloated, thin-lipped, unsuspecting face.

No bloody nose or black eye for The Devil, but a moment I'll never forget, nonetheless.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

I get to see my MIL on the 4th of July and I can only hope to witness some karmic retribution of the same kind.

The Peach Tart said...

definitely a karma moment

Housewife Savant said...

Bouncy Ball - $1.74
Lamp Not Broken - $45
Just Desserts - priceless

mommakin said...

Mom always said, "don't play ball in the house."

Instant karma indeed...

DKG aka Scrappy Doo said...

O how sweet :-)
Now those are family moments to be cherished!
To bad ya didn't get it on vid.

Missy said...

Oh that is so freaking fabulous! You got to take what you can get right?

Fragrant Liar said...

I'm thinking you need to rethink your ball-in-the-house policy when the MIL comes over. Who knows, she may fail to return one of these days. Hey, hope springs eternal here.

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

Awesome.
You can innocently say... "I keep asking AntiChrist not to play ball in the house..."

LB @Wait, She Said What? said...

HAHAHAHAHA! Karma has struck again and I'm sure it was awesome!!

@eloh said...

I would have helplessly laughed until I puked..then laughed some more..even whilst puking.

Funny in My Mind said...

Rules are meant to be broken and Karma will bite you in the ass every time. The guy that beat our new puppy with a belt (before we had him) dropped dead of a heart attack is his bathroom.
Karma.

The Wife O Riley said...

That is awesome!!!! Even Peter Brady understands, "Mom always said don't play ball in the house!"

Gretal said...

Did you accidentally cheer before you caught yourself?

Green-Eyed Momster said...

Priceless! Love it!

Hugs!!

Katie said...

Of course she didn't bleed or bruise! Is Lucifer human? Can a demon bleed?

kristi said...

tell me you pulled your son aside and gave him a high five and a twenty. shoot, i'd promise a twenty if he did that every time the devil came over.

@eloh said...

Just thought I'd let you know I brought my daughter here last night and I ended up losing the computer to her while she sat and read and laughed for hours......she is going to be hell on wheels and ready to rumble when she gets her a MIL.

Unknown said...

OMG Did you give him standing ovation?

Unknown said...

OMG Did you give him standing ovation?

kanishk said...

Now those are family moments to be cherished!
To bad ya didn't get it on vid.
Web hosting indi

kanishk said...

h that is so freaking fabulous! You got to take what you can get right? Work From Home