Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Some Guy Felt Your Boob. Get Over It.

So, this one time about 3 years ago, my husband and I were at The Devil's house for dinner. I'm not sure if we were already on the subject, or if The Devil just admitted out of the blue:

"You know, I was molested as a child."

My husband and brother-in-law and I all exchanged a look and the implicit thought: Oh, Christ. Here we go... I had a moment of clarity when I thought maybe some horrific sexual torture had warped her personality. It all started making sense.

"When I was a teenager, a friend of my father's stopped over at the house. He'd been drinking and when I was alone in the room with him, he grabbed my breast." She broke down and sobbed.

We all tried not to laugh, and my father-in-law got up from the table, uncomfortable and embarrassed. We avoided looking at each other as my brother-in-law began "Mom..." but didn't finish his sentence.

All I could think was: Bitch, do you know how many men felt my boobs when I was a teenager? And you're crying about this 40 years later?

6 comments:

kel said...

OH my GOD! Why am I just now discovering this blog? I heart you! I am also the daughter in law to a devil. This is the best blog ever!

Hazey said...

lmfao wow!!!!!
nice

Fragrant Liar said...

Okay, I am hooked. I will return!

bernthis said...

what a character this one. Mine ex MIL, is truly satan herself. NOt a damn thing funny or cute about her.

Dr Zibbs said...

Hahahahahahaha - right on sista!

Kimberly said...

Why that type of talk is perfectly suitable over dinner...I mean, really, what is your problem?